Welcome to our Patient Participation Group
We want you to come and join our patient group to give your views on our practice and how we can improve our services for you now and in the future.
Patients are at the heart of everything we do and we are keen for patients to have their say.
If you are interested and would like to join this friendly group and contribute your ideas and views on how your local GP Health Services are run, then please contact either:
- Contact our Practice Manager, Jo Roberts on 01202 433081
- Leave your name and contact number with a member of our Reception Team, and the Practice Manager will contact you.
Please download the following letter from Colin Brock and Kevin Muloney: PPG Invite
ESSENTIAL INFORMATION AND SUPPORT FOR YOU IN YOUR COMMUNITY
Your Patient Participation Group for the Beaufort Road Surgery wants to offer all patients help during the current health emergency. Staying safe and well is dependent on following the latest advice provided by the Government, NHS England and your surgery. Your health is also inter – dependant on two factors: food supply and financial support.
Here is the information currently available for your area:
FOOD SUPPLY – Supermarkets (not ‘Express’ or ‘Local’ branches)
Opening times for the elderly, vulnerable, people with a disability and carers:
- Sainsbury’s – Monday, Wednesday, Friday – 8.00 to 9.00 am. *
- Tesco – Monday, Wednesday, Friday – 9.00 to 10.00 am.
- M&S – Monday, Thursday – for the first hour.
- Waitrose – every day – for the first hour.
- Coop – Monday to Saturday – 8.00 to 9.00 am; Sunday – 10.00 to 11.00 am.
*Sainsbury’s operate a priority line for delivery to the above on their list. You can request this service from their Customer Care Team: 0800 328 1700.
Opening times for NHS staff (showing ID):
- Sainsbury’s – Monday to Saturday – 7.30 to 8.00 am.
- Tesco – Sunday – opens one hour earlier for NHS staff.
- M&S – Tuesday & Friday – for the first hour/
- Waitrose – Daily essentials set aside for NHS staff.
- ASDA – Monday, Wednesday, Friday – 8.00 to 9.00 am.
Allotments – Plot holders are allowed to continue working their plots as a form of exercise but all communal facilities on these sites must remain closed.
A local accountancy company has produced a summary of financial and cashflow support. This includes the following:
- Statutory Sick Pay
- Small Business Grants
- Business Rates Discount
- Business Interruption Loan Scheme
- HMRC Tax and Vat Deferral Payment Plans
- Your Bank
- Review of Overheads
- Job Retention Scheme
- Self Employed, Freelance or Contract Workers
The document is called ‘COVID-19 SME Support – please study the attached four pages.
OTHER SOURCES OF INFORMATION
- Professional bodies – Their web pages include updated news.
- Trades Unions – The Unite Union has launched a helpline to set aside volunteer care for it’s vulnerable members whether working or retired. A volunteer is assigned to assist with picking up shopping, posting mail, collecting urgent supplies such as prescriptions or talking to someone who is lonely. The helpline is open from 8.00 am to 9.00 pm Monday to Friday with an overflow service at other times. Call: 0330 1072 351.
- Media – Virgin and other providers are prioritising calls from vulnerable customers.
- Community News – ‘Next door East Southbourne & Tuckton’, provides local information.