Our Responsibility to you:
- You will be greeted courteously
- You have a right to confidentiality
- You have the right to see your medical records subject to the limitations of the law
- You will be seen the same day if your medical need is urgent
- You will be seen by the Doctor of your choice wherever possible
- You will be informed if there will be a delay of more than 20 minutes for your appointment
- You will be referred to a consultant when your GP feels it necessary
- You will be given the result of any test or investigation on request
- Your repeat prescription will be ready for collection within 48 hours of your request
- Your suggestions and comments about the service we offer will be considered sympathetically and any complaint dealt with quickly
Your Responsibility to us:
- Please treat all Surgery staff with respect
- Do not ask for information about anyone other than yourself
- Tell us of any change of name or address so that our records are accurate
- Only request an urgent appointment or home visit if appropriate
- Please cancel your appointment if you are unable to attend
- Please be punctual, but be prepared to wait if your consultation is delayed by an unexpected emergency
- Use the tear off slip to request a repeat prescription and attend for review when asked
- Please let us know when you feel that we have not met our responsibility to you but please give praise when it is due
Policy on Violent or Abusive Patients
This Practice adopts a ZERO TOLERANCE approach to violence and aggression. Aggressive and violent behaviour is considered to be any personal, threatening or abusive language (cursing or swearing), gestures (including sexual), physical contact, derogatory sexual or racial remarks, shouting at any persons or applying force to any Practice property or the property of any persons within the Practice. This includes people banging on desks or counters or shouting loudly in an intimidating manner.
This approach applies to any patients, visitors and any persons working within the Practice demonstrating any of the above behaviour towards patients, visitors or staff. The Partners are committed to doing everything possible to protect staff, patients and visitors from unacceptable behaviour and to support zero tolerance to any incident that causes hurt, alarm, damage or distress. It also applies to any Partner or Employee of the Practice whilst on duties away from the Surgery if their duties are related to the business of the Practice.
Patients who are violent or aggressive towards any person on Surgery premises will be removed from the Practice list.